Erin's Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Elyssa's Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 15, 2010

2 Years, 4 Months old

My little princess is now 2 years, 4 months old.



About her -

Weight : Approx 13.3kg

I can't seem to think of new things regarding Elyssa for this monthly update, so I decided to write about what is STILL the same :)

1. She still digs her belly button when she drinks her milk. I noticed that her belly button is some sort of a comfort item to her. Sometimes when she's upset or when she wakes up in the middle of the night, her fingers automatically goes to her belly button.

2. She still drools!! Her mouth is like a leaky tap. Seems a bit more these days. Within 20 minutes of changing, the top portion of her blouse/t-shirt/dress can be very wet.

3. She is still as bossy/fierce as ever! Hmm.... I can always think of these scenarios at the top of my head. Let's see - just last week, my mum asked Elyssa to "read" to baby Jensen. (actually, she was trying to entertain both kids). Elyssa took the task seriously and started to "read". Baby was quiet for a while then started whining a bit. Elyssa's response? "Jensen! KEEP QUIET. READ BOOK!" She said it in such a fierce tone that even my parents were startled! He he.. if she becomes a teacher next time, the poor students would be very traumatised indeed ;)

4. She's as talkative as ever. It's like her mouth can never stop moving. Sometimes she demands for our response but quite often she just talks and sings to herself.

5. She still kisses me on the mouth at night. The wet sloppy kiss followed by the words "Night Night, Sweet Dreams" always gives me this warm fuzzy feeling :)

6. She is still as stubborn as ever. Just an hour ago, she had one of those moments. She refused to let me wipe her nose. I said if not, then I won't read her bedtime story and won't give her milk. Then I asked her again whether I can wipe her nose. She said "No, I don't want". Ok, told her no Goldilocks, no milk. She said "But I want Goldilocks, I want nen nen". So again I said wipe nose? Response again "No, I don't want". This went on for about 15 minutes or so until I threatened to throw away her milk and book. Then only she relented. *sigh*, takes a lot of patience and persistence to deal with this girl sometimes!

7. She still sleeps between hubby and I. We managed to "kick her out" early this year but then went back to square one after our February holiday to Bandung. Since then, we made a few unsuccessful attempts at getting her to sleep on her own bed. Perhaps a little half hearted cos by now, hubby and I are so used to having her next to us.

8. Last but not least, she is still my darling little princess. I love it when she sings :
You are my sunshine, My only sunshine.
You make me happy when *
mumble* *mumble*.
You never know Dear, how much I love you.
Please
*mumble* *mumble* sunshine away.
(she either inserts her own words or mumbles the part where she doesn't know the lyrics).

Anyway, I love it when she sings it cos SHE is my little sunshine :)

9 comments:

~LiLHypPo's mUMmy~ said...

Cute!! Loves the *mumble mumble* part!!!!

Mommy to Chumsy said...

aww...she's such a cutie. i still remember the digging belly button photos. too adorable :)

LittleLamb said...

Happy 2 yrs 4 months old Elyssa. You are getting smarter each day. I think she can be a good jie jie. Can read to the cousins.

CS said...

So cute!!
My son does the same thing. Digging/playing with his belly button when he drinks milk.

Unknown said...

hahaha... don't worry, my william is still sleeping on our bed! cannot kick him out, successful a few times, but dunno why, suddenly he wakes at night and starts feeling ard for my hair (he must hold my hair, put arm under my neck, sleep on my pillow)...

elyssa is such a cutie! hope she talk talk even when she see me

cre8tone said...

Dig belly button.. ha!

Leona said...

Your girl sure has character!

leeyen said...

Haha! She sounds like a Dai Kar Je! Fierce! But sure she'll be a very helpful sister when mummy gives her a sibling in future! :)

2ma said...

really love her infectious smile!!!