Saturday, January 30, 2010
I started my "mini-project" about 2 weeks ago and it went smoother than expected.
She was pretty excited when she saw hubby converting her baby cot into her bed. That same night, I placed her milk & water bottle on her own bed and she happily climbed up and drank her milk& water there. But after she finished, she climbed down and proceeded to climb up to our bed as usual. Since she always wants me to pat her to sleep, I just told her : "If you want mummy to pat pat you, you go and sleep on your own special bed". "You want mummy to pat pat you"? She said "yes" and then went back to her bed. Ha hahh..... I was pretty shocked and pleased that it was so easy !!!
But it was not an easy night though. Don't know whether she wanted the thrill of it of what, she ended up demanding me to pat her like every 45 minutes throughout the night !!! It felt as if just minutes after I get back to my bed, I hear a little voice saying "pat pat". Aaaargh !!! I ended up sleeping on the hard floor next to her bed so I didn't have to keep getting up. (I asked hubby to help but she screamed when her daddy touched her, so poor mummy had to do the job)
2nd Night & rest of first week
I told hubby that I couldn't stand walking to her bed to keep patting her. We ended up rearranging the room so that her bed is right next to ours. So, if she ask me to pat her, I can just reach out from my own bed and pat her her royal highness :)
Anyway for Day 2 onwards, she didn't wake up as often. Don't know how though, but she somehow always ended up in our bed in the mornings!
Week 2 till now
Yay...... she sleeps through (most of the time) and wakes up in her own bed !!!!!
Although I am happy that she has "graduated" to her own bed, a part of me misses her being on my bed - smelling her sweet smell and also waking up in the middle of the night with a hand/leg/head/butt smack in the middle of my face :)
I can't help thinking of the first year of her life where she practically slept under my armpit and how I dared not move an inch so as not to wake up my super-light sleeper. I used to wake up in the morning with muscle ache due to my "frozen" position. Ha hahh....
Anyway, found an old photo of her in her baby cot. -
Monday, January 25, 2010
Well actually, we didn't do a lot of things during the recent Phuket trip. With such a nice villa, mostly we just stayed in and enjoyed the villa :)
-rented a car for the day.
- My mum and I had a quick swim in the morning. While waiting for the rented car, she joined one of the free exercise class. (stretching class)
- First stop was at a factory outlet. I was so excited as it looked like the factory outlets in US. Arranged a meeting place with my parents for 3 hours later. But we were done in 1/2 hour. Things were not cheap at all. Disappointing :(
- Evening - drove around Phuket. Got pretty hot around 5+ so we were happy to shop at a big shopping centre (Jungceylon) mainly cos of the aircon.
- Night : walked along Patong streets then brought groceries at Carrefour.
- Went back to the villa. Lazed around then zzzzz.
Our Rented Car -
@ Patong Beach -
Walking along street @ Patong-
Day 3- had a quick swim in the morning.
- let Elyssa play in the playroom.
- listened to the talk. and yes, we loved the Vacation Club !!!
- ate lunch cooked by my mum (since kitchen was fully equipped)
- Elyssa was too excited to sleep so we went for a walk to the beach. Luckily she dozed off while hubby and I chatted on a swing by the beach.
- Went back to our villa and plonked sleeping girl to our bed.
- Hubby and I jumped into the plunge pool (again!). This time, ready with hot coffee at the side (for me) and ice-cold coke (for hubby). Nice !!!
- lazed around, then had dinner cooked by my mum. (ha hah..... big advantage of bringing my mum)
- Took buggy to "kaypoh" nearby hotel.
- Watched DVD then zzzzzzzz.
Elyssa @ the Outdoor Bar (probably hoping she can order her nen-nen here ;) )
- Hubby took Elyssa for a walk while I went for my morning swim.
- Enjoyed buffet breakfast as we wanted to utilise the THB2000 voucher that we got during the talk.
- Lazed around somemore.
- Time to go home !!!!!!! Boo hooo hooooooo........Why must great times just fly by?????
Morning Walk with Daddy
Fantastic holiday...... we'll definitely be back for more !!! :)
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
2. She's going through an independant phase. Like recently when she was trying to wear her shoes and her cousin Charmaine helped her - she cried, kicked off the shoes then wore the shoes again on her own.
She also has a tendency to only use the last syllable of a word eg "Pen" for Open. "Gurt" for yogurt. "Ter" for water.
6. She's been off diapers for the past 2 months during day time at my parents place. But of course "accidents" are common. Probably about twice on a normal day but certain "off" days, it can be a lot more.
Friday, January 8, 2010
Arrangements were quickly made and we got our 2-bedroom villa booked for 18 Dec. Yipeee! I asked my parents to come along too since there were 2 rooms.
We were all pretty excited on the day of the vacation. It was Elyssa's first plane flight and luckily she did really well -didn't cry or fuss at all during the short 1 hour, 15 minutes flight. A sign that we are ready for for more vacations after this :)
When we reached Phuket airport, there was a pre-arranged van to send us to the villa. And after we checked in to the villa, we all kept exclaiming "Wow", "SOOOOOO Nice" "Wow" !!!!!
Why? Will let the pics do the talking...
(we just LOVED, LOVED this !!! This was an upgrade and not part of the standard villa)
(can jump into the plunge pool from here)
Dining and Living Room
Fully Equipped Kitchen
(comes with plates, cutlery, pots, toaster, oven etc. And yes, even rice cooker!)
Backyard of the Villa
(complete with washing machine, dryer and soap powder. We utilised this on our last day so we don't have to deal with dirty laundry when we go home)
(mini shopping area with supermarket, cafes and ice-cream parlour very near our villa)
View of the Resort
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Me : "Kopi C, Thosai"
Hubby : "Teh C, Thosai"
Then out-of-the-blue (while looking straight at the waiter) :
Elyssa : "Nen Nen !"
Ha ha hahhh...... my dear Elyssa, unfortunately you can't order milk in a milk bottle at the mamak shop ;)
Saturday, January 2, 2010
We celebrated 2010 with a bbq party at a friend's place. Or more like a 20% bbq party only..... since most of the food (mashed potatoes, satay, fried noodles, achar, tiramisu, nuggets, salad etc) didn't require any cooking :) But we did put the satay on the bbq pit so that it looked more like a "real" bbq !! ha hahh.
Elyssa was the only kid among 20+ of us 30-somethings, so naturally she got loads of attention ;) She had a blast with all the kor-kors and cheh-chehs stuffing her with food and playing with her.
Some pictures of the happy girl -
When it was almost midnight, I started yawning and the uncles & aunties who played with Elyssa were tired out. But she was like an Energizer bunny still running around and laughing away! We left shortly after midnight as we knew that Elyssa would not stop playing with so many people around. Sure enough, she fell asleep soon after we got into the car.
After we got home, one of the things I did was to look up my old blog entry which I made one year ago for 2009 Countdown. When I looked at her photos, I couldn't help thinking how much my little princess has grown. Then I wondered whether I have grown as much, as a person. Hmm.... in some aspects yes, in some aspects not as much as I had hoped.
Ah well, it's a brand new year and a the chance for a new beginning and yes, for new resolutions too.
Happy 2010! Here's to a fantastic year ahead. Cheers !!!