Erin's Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Elyssa's Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, July 9, 2010

Holiday Highlights - Ipoh

After spending 2 nights in Penang, we drove south to stay at Clearwater Sanctuary, Batu Gajah.

Yup, Clearwater Sanctuary AGAIN. It's actually our 3rd time staying there so far - 1st time when Elyssa was about 6 months old and 2nd time when she was 11 months old. I just luurve the place! So peaceful and calming. Really a "sanctuary" for me, to escape from the hustle and bustle of city life.

Just look at the photos -

Trees at the parking lot right outside the chalet

View from the Chalet's balcony

More Trees

Elyssa with daddy in the swimming pool, next to the lake


Another Daddy n Daughter moment


Swimming Pool

Another view of swimming po
ol & lake

Happy Girl posing for mummy's camera


Such a beautiful place! One of my favourite spots is the infinity swimming pool which overlooks the lake. We swam there on the evening we arrived and also the following morning before we checked out.

We didn't just stay in the resort this time. For dinner, we drove out to Ipoh town. After all, can't be so near Ipoh without eating a plate (ok, we actually had TWO plates) of fat, crunchy bean sprouts !! ;) Had that plus plenty of "liu" (fish balls, taufu stuffed with fish paste, fried wonton etc) and tau fu far at our favourite shop in Pasir Pinji. Yummy! Definitely over-ate there!


On the way back to Batu Gajah, we saw an old-fashioned fun fair. He he.... plenty of loud music and bright gaudy lights, with a carnival-like atmosphere. Really nice! Don't think we can get this sort of fun fair in KL!

We didn't go for any of the rides though, as I knew Elyssa was tired. But I regretted it later when Elyssa kept saying she liked the fun fair. Would have given her a nice experience if she actually went for one of the rides. Ah well, next time then.



That's it for our 4D,3N holiday in Penang/Ipoh. Felt like it went by with a blink of an eye. I want to go for another holiday !!!

13 comments:

Health Freak Mommy said...

I've heard so much about Clearwater Sanctuary. I must go there one day. Baby has the same pair of HK shoes as Elyssa :)

Kristie said...

what a lovely calming looking sanctuary!!!

would love to be there if i have the chance :)

Lee said...

Hi Adrine, wow! Ipoh sure has changed with its many beautiful holiday places.
Last there was in 2006.
Love your well taken pics, and you got a great looking kid there.
I sure miss that Ipoh bean sprouts....
Have a pleasant weekend and keep a song in your heart, Lee.

Mommy to Chumsy said...

wow, the Clearwater Sanctuary is such a beautiful place. love how the pool overlooks the lake.

MayChing said...

hey i'm tempted to go to clearwater as well now! great advertising for them. hehe

Mummy Gwen said...

Yeah..I remembered you blogged about Clearwater sanctuary before. You make me wanna go there...so peaceful and serene. I thought Daddy and Elyssa swam in the lake..hehe.

cre8tone said...

Wow! The pool is so nice...

~LiLHypPo's mUMmy~ said...

I also thought they were swimming in the lake!! Elyssa is such a cute and chubby girl *geram* :D

LittleLamb said...

ooooo i want to try this place. looks good. another nice scenary in Ipoh is the Royal Golf Club....

Mummy Moon said...

Wow, I don't know Ipoh has such a great place to visit... I relly thought your hub and the little girl are swimming in the lake. I would like to visit this place, so tempting

Adrine said...

Shireen - Next time when you go to Penang/Ipoh for Baby C's regular checkups, you can drop by Clearwater. :)

Kristie - Can go what.... not too far from KL!

Uncle Lee - thx for dropping by my humble little blog! After 4 years, it's time to visit again. Nothing beats the fat,crunchy Ipoh beansprouts :)

Barbara - Yup, it's an absolutely beautiful place!

MayChing - he he... yea, I shld ask for commission for all the free advertising I'm giving them.

MummyGwen - Yes, I laughed when I looked at the photo. From a certain angle, the pathway can't be seen and it looks like the swimming pool and the lake is the same.

Prince n Princess mum - My favourite pool!

Agnes - thx for dropping by! Elyssa is chubby cos she's super greedy. he he.

Rachel - I've never been inside Royal Golf Club. Members only club!

Adrine said...

MummyMoon - he he. I would freak out if they go into the lake. Ex mining pool - don't play play! ;)

Yea, not many ppl know about this place. Those who know thinks of it as a golf course, but not to stay.

ChloeRuoyi said...

The resort is absolutely beautiful! Will seriously consider putting up a night here the next time we go back to Pusing (very near Batu Gajah, where hub's kampung was).

Thanks for dropping by my blog and commenting :) I'm actually a silent reader of your blog, dropping by occasionally to take a "peek" at cute lil Elyssa :)