My little princess is now 2 years, 3 months old.
1. Weight - approx 13 kg
2. She's still greedy and even likes to take her medicine (syrup type). Best part is that instead of bribing her to take medicine, I can actually bribe her using medicine.
Like when she had a ring worm problem recently, I told her her "if you don't keep your toys, then you can't eat medicine". Ha ha... that made her quickly scramble to keep her toys!! I think she likes the syrup medicine cos it's sweet (I don't normally give her sweets) and it's something she doesn't get to "enjoy" very often. *touchwood*
3. Character wise, she is very strong minded - bossy, determined, fussy & very fixed in her way.
A few scenarios as an eg :
a) When my mum rested on the bed with her hands over her eyes : Elyssa kept saying "not like that, must do like that (asked my mum to put her hands by her side). My mum refused at first, but Elyssa kept pestering. The moment my mum did as "per instructed", Elyssa said "ok" then left the room immediately.
b) When she played with her cousin recently : I couldn't help noticing her take the lead by saying things like "Let's do this", "Let's jump", "Ok, go there now".
c) When she woke in the middle of the night and saw that hubby and I have switched positions : She immediately insisted that "No... mummy sleep here, daddy sleep there". I absolutely refused to give in ! She cried in protest but luckily went back to sleep shortly after.
d) When daddy didn't place his Blackberry at the phone holder in the car : she said "NOOOO, must put there!" When he did, she said "Ok, Correct"
e) When she played jigsaw puzzles with grandpa : She said "Ah Kong, Elyssa do this one, Ah Kong do this one". (pointed to another set). When grandpa teasingly requested to change, she refused and said "No! Elyssa do this one, Ah Kong do this one".
f) When grandma brushed her teeth : She said "Ah Ma, must put teeth together like that. Yes, brush up and down. Yes. Like Elyssa like that".
There's actually loads of other scenarios! The way she says things can be very firm and forceful. *Sigh*. She definitely didn't get this gene from me. Maybe a bit from hubby but a more extreme version.
4. Based on her personality so far, I don't think she will be bullied in school. But there's a possibility that she may end up as the bully!! Oh Uh!! (but who knows.... mebbe she'll be a mouse in school next time. he he.)
5. Although still greedy, her interest in food has dropped a little. Last time, whenever there was any "food announcement", she would just drop what she was doing and run towards the food. These days, she sometimes says "Wait, I want to play first". "Wait, I want to finish this".
6. Since my parents started taking care of baby Jo Ern (her 3 month old cousin), they noticed she has been acting up more. She's probably a little jealous of the baby. Hope this phase will pass soon.
7. It's very easy to make her laugh these days with simple games and actions. I just love the sound of her laughter! Funny thing is that I can repeat a simple thing that made her laugh 10 times and each of the 10 times, she can laugh as excitedly as the first time. he he.
Like last weekend, I played an impromptu "Where's the onion?" game with her in the car while daddy ran some errands. After 10 minutes (of me going : where is the onion? maybe it's under the pillow, maybe it's outside, maybe it's here, maybe it's there, before her final punch line of "It's here") I was starting to get bored, but she still laughed like that :