Erin's Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Elyssa's Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, April 21, 2014

Mattel Warehouse Sale

Few weeks back, I went to the Mattel warehouse sale. Pretty near my office so I thought why not just go look-see.  Well, I went, I look-see...... and I bought and bought and bought. ;-)

Queue to pay on the first day
Why do I say first day? Cos I went AGAIN the next day.  hehe. 

Angry Birds Hotwheels for RM 1 only!
I bought 2. Then realized I should have bought more for Elyssa's birthday party pack.



And ta daaa.........here's my loot!

 
 
Before I took out my loot from the car, I told Elyssa the toys were mainly meant as presents for other kids. But I told her she could choose ONE item for her birthday.
 
Practically every single day since I said that, she did this :
 
Agonizing over which ONE item to choose

I tried sooo hard not to laugh when she told me she wanted Item A, then changed her mind to Item B, and then Item C etc and then back to Item A again. She said she liked all of them and just couldn't decide. She also kept pestering me which one I liked most and why.  Back and forth, back and forth she agonized for almost 2 weeks.

Well, what she didn't know was most of the stuff were meant for both of them anyway.  *evil mummy grin*.  At times, I nearly wanted to give in and tell her she could choose a few, but hey, I have to keep my word!  Plus I think she'll appreciate her ONE item a lot more.
 
Elyssa with her final choice. She loved it!
With a touch of a button, the butterfly wings can transform into a skirt and vice versa.
 
 
I'll probably let the girls "earn" some of the toys with stickers for good behavior  :-)

5 comments:

Ai Sakura said...

Wow so how much was your haul altogether?? I saw Ariel's palace toy on sale in Canada and thought of buying back but Lil Pumpkin has a doll house already so didn't get. It's so cute though!! Wish there's a Mattel sale for us in SG too hahaha

Ai @ Sakura Haruka

Small Kucing said...

mak oi....you bought so many toys lol....but really worth it la. cheap.

LOL,,,,,me also bought the AB toy...20 some more :p

Small Kucing said...

mak oi....you bought so many toys lol....but really worth it la. cheap.

LOL,,,,,me also bought the AB toy...20 some more :p

Adrine said...

Ai - Total?? better not write here in case hubby sees. hahaha! But just for some perspective - I bought the Mariposa Barbie for RM40 (which went down to RM30 on the second day). Full price at Toys r Us (labelled as "hot item" somemore) was RM 99.90. Rapunzel Barbie I got for RM 50 was RM 120 at Toyr R Us. The Ariel palace was actually the most expensive of the lot @ RM 90.

Adrine said...

Kathy - 20 pieces of AB toy???? Smart la you. I should have done the same. Very good to give as small gifts!