Erin's Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Elyssa's Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, January 7, 2013

Bye Bye 2012, Hello 2013!

Happy New Year!!! 
2013 already. I think it still hasn’t really sunk in that it’s a new year yet.

We were pretty busy the last few days of the year – hosted a Housewarming/Christmas/New Year’s Day BBQ at our place on Dec 29th and then another round on Dec 31st. (plus another round yesterday on Jan 5th).
 
Anyway, I feel like I can't properly usher in the New Year without saying bye bye to 2012. And my way of saying bye bye is to reflect on 2012.
 
So here goes -
 
What happened in 2012 (in no particular order) :
 
1.      Elyssa started kindy for the first time. No fuss, no tears at all on her first day. I was so proud of my brave little girl. She continued loving school for the whole year.

2.      I achieved my stretched target of breastfeeding baby Erin until she turned one year old. Yay!
 
3.   Picked up sewing! Something totally unexpected. I am totally in love with it now. I just find it so, so satisfying.
 
4    Continued baking passion. Waned a bit as sewing took centrestage towards the end of the year, but the fire still there J

5.       Took a 45 day Healthpointe diet around September to loose my post baby fat. Lost about 4kg. I’ve gained back about 0.8kg (blame it on year end feasting!) so need to be careful about that.

6.       Went for a holiday in Australia for the very first time.

7.       Braved myself to finally do LASIK surgery on my eyes in mid December. Love being able to see the clock when I wake up in the morning! Bye Bye contact lenses and spectacles.....

8.       Moved to new house in early August. Reno issues (especially leaking roof and plumbing related issues) only got resolved very recently. Yikes. Not going to move again for a looooong time.

9.       Managed to “kick” Elyssa to sleep in her new room  J

10.   I'm sure there's a lot more, but can't think of it at the top of my head now. But of course, the main joy (and also headache!) for the year was watching my 2 princesses grow up.
     

My girls in Feb 2012


My girls in December 2012
They can play (and fight) together more often now :-)

So, was 2012 a great year? You bet it was !! 

Let's hope that 2013 will be even greater. Bring it on 2013 !  :-)  

7 comments:

Stacy said...

Erin so cute, "boh moh" (no hair) like that.

Mommy to Chumsy said...

what a great year 2012 has been for all of you. may 2013 be a fantastic one for you and your family :)

MeRy said...

Happy New Year,...

Leona said...

You are surely one busy mummy who utilizes her time to the max...working full time, devoting ur time time to ur kids as well as fulfilling ur life passion. Good time management! Isn,t it great tat elyssa and Erin can play together now?

Stacy said...

Actually hor, that's A LOT of achievements. :)

Ai Sakura said...

happy new year to you and your lovely family! :)

Ai @ Sakura Haruka

Miracles in my life said...

Happy New Year!!