Erin's Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Elyssa's Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Full Marathon!

I did it!!!

My very first FULL MARATHON.  Yipeeeeee!
42km of pure madness  ;-)


Didn't train as much I should have. As the date got nearer, I started panicking. Was I out of my mind? Yes, I've done 10 Half Marathons before but moving from 21km to 42km is no joke.  I have never even gone beyond 21km (and I'm usually half dead when I finish a HM).  Friends suggested that I go for regular long distance runs, but the most I have time for is 10km at the treadmill, when the girls are are at their Art class. Toyed with the idea of changing to half marathon or just give up the run completely. 

Well, ready or not....I was still at the starting line on May 21st. Nervous as hell. My goal was simple - to complete the run within cut off time of 7 hours.  

Long story cut short (not one of my cheong hei moods today!), I did it! 6 hours and 50 minutes. Real slow for some, but what the heck, I'm super proud that I completed what I set out to do. 

And I still went to work the next day.  Heh, not bad at all! 

2 comments:

Small Kucing said...

Congratulation!!! I was there but not to run. Lol

Ai Sakura said...

wow that's amazing!!! I can't imagine running a 2.4km event now.. much less a marathon!! Good for you for completing it :)

Ai @ Sakura Haruka