My precious baby is now 3 years old!
A belated monthly update since she turned 3 more than a week ago, but then better late than never. This is probably going to be the last of my monthly update on her progress anyway (up to 3 years old was my original target) since there's less monthly progress compared to the earlier years.
About her -
1) Weight : 14.5kg
2) She is a real chatter box and her vocabulary is increasing by leaps and bounds these days. Some of the simple things she picks up like "I have xy, YOU have xy, BOTH OF US have xy" never ceases to surprise me.
3) She likes to ask questions about her baby sister, most common being : "Why baby sister still not out yet?" And her question that really stumped me so far was "Is baby sister wearing diaper?" Errr...... if I say "yes", how do I explain how to change the diaper? And if I saw "no", then how to explain how her baby sister pees/poos?
4) Though a non-stop talker at home, she can be completely quiet in the presence of strangers or someone she hasn't seen for some time.
5) Most of the time, she runs or turns away when she sees my camera. I guess I have taken too many photos of her!
6) Not as greedy as she used to be.
7) She's still drooling!! I wonder when she's going to stop.
8) When she saw daddy drinking beer recently : "Daddy, I can drink beer now. I am THREE years old already. I am a BIGGG girl" ;)
9) She has stopped wearing diapers when we go out, but only if we know the car journey is going to be short and that toilets are easily available at our destination. She's more keen on the diaper-free idea compared to us. (yeah, again it's a lot of - "I am three years old already. Bigg girl already. No need to wear diaper").
On our part, we really dread the "I want to pee pee" words when we are engrossed in shopping, halfway through our meal etc.. Much easier to just let her wear diaper but I guess we need to move on!
10) On bad days, she can really whine and cry A LOT! Drives me nuts when I see and hear too much of this -
Hmm.... now that she's three, does that mean the "Terrible Twos" phase is over?? (fingers crossed, but somehow I doubt it!)
11) Then, there are times when she can be pretty angelic -