Friday, January 14, 2011
2 years, 9 months old
About her :
1. Weight - approx 13.6kg
2. As part of her nightly routine, she kisses me on the lips, wishes me "night night" then says "I love you mummy". Now she has extended this to her baby sister :) She insists on lifting up my shirt, kisses my tummy, then says "night night baby", "jie jie love you baby".
Awww..... super sweet. She also likes to ask me : what is baby doing now? baby sleeping already? baby good girl or not today? is she crying now?
3. But despite all that, there's still no guarantee that she will be a good, loving big sis! Periodically, she still bullies her two baby cousins. Just two nights ago, she purposely stepped on baby Jo Ern's hand. *sigh*.
4. Last month, I wrote that she was going through a "I don't like daddy" phase. Thankfully, the situation is much better now. All started when hubby told her one day that she was making daddy very, very sad because of that. Then, she suddenly said "Daddy, I love you daddy". And that was IT....... hubby's heart instantly m-e-l-t-e-d and from then on he made extra effort with her which has paid off!
Ha ha....she really knows her way to her daddy's heart when she wants to. I can just imagine her at 18 saying : "Daddy, I love you so much daddy, Can you buy me a car please?" ;)
5. When she's in a good mood, she can be an absolute angel. But then all hell can break loose when she's in one of her cranky moods (which drives us absolutely bonkers). It can just start off one thing that she's unhappy with (like us not allowing her to do something dangerous), then she starts crying & screaming and then becomes extremely sensitive to any little thing that happens after that. Can be a very ugly sight indeed. I've learned the hard way that there's two best ways to deal with this
1) nice way : bring her aside then slowly talk, comfort and distract her
2) harsh way : scold/ smack/ send her to corner. When she calms down, talk to her
What I've tried previously was to just ignore her (i.e. to let her cry-it-out) but realised that there's no use cos she can continue screaming and being in a cranky mood for a very loooong time.
6. When I took photos of her yesterday, she insisted that I took a video of her as well -