Erin's Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Elyssa's Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Bed Time with Daddy

Last night, I had to stay in the office till late due to a video conferencing session scheduled from 6-10pm. I asked hubby to take over my nightly routine of letting Elyssa sleep. I was a little worried since the few times that hubby tried, she just cried and cried.

Anyway, the session finished earlier than expected and I reached home slightly before 10pm. When I got out from my car, it was quiet and I thought- "Good- Elyssa is not crying". As I climbed the staircase, I could hear hubby playing computer games. And I thought - "Oh Good, Elyssa must be fast asleep already".

But then when I opened the room door, I saw this -
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Happily watching daddy play computer games:


***!!???? Hubby said that Elyssa wouldn't stop crying when he tried to make her sleep. The only way he could pacify her was to let her see the computer screen while he played games.

So I brought Elyssa to the master room to let her sleep. After > 15 minutes of tossing and turning (difficult for her to sleep since it was past her bed time) I gave up and asked hubby to take over since I was starving. Already 10+pm and I haven't had dinner yet. I quickly ate some bread and removed my contact lenses. No sound from Elyssa and when I checked I saw this -
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Happily eating bread while watching cartoons on the tv :


I brought her upstairs again and luckily she fell asleep pretty quick.
Elyssa must be thinking that bed time with daddy sure is fun ...... can watch computer games, eat bread and watch cartoon!!!

11 comments:

the little prince said...

Haha...Oppss...next time she will ask for cartoon 1st before go to sleep!! :-)

LittleLamb said...

hahahahahahahahah she know how to bully the daddy... she is smart..

Unknown said...

Haha... daddys ahhh... they jst know how to spoil market...

Fussy mum said...

My girl can never sleep early whenever she's with her daddy. Looks like all daddies are the same, eh?

Leona said...

Can't stop smiling when I look at the photos!!! I guess daddy = fun and mummy = comfort and discipline.

Mummy Gwen said...

Hahaha..same here. Gwen don't want Daddy during bedtime even till now.

MayChing said...

hehehehe! so so cute. it's the opposite with me. hubby has been better at putting keira to sleep lately.

Mommy to Chumsy said...

muahahahahahahhahaah..funny funny. This is what happens when you leave this task to the man eh? I know mine is the same.

Ken Wooi said...

so sweet..
dad and daughter playing games together.. haha..
she's gonna be a gamer one day.. thanks to daddy.. =P

kenwooi.com

2xMum said...

she just watched and didn't touch daddy's PC??

if for my boy, hands already pressing touching/pressing here and there...

2ma said...

oh daddy!! guess most daddy's "take shortcuts" haha