Elyssa is 11 months old already... 1 more month to the big O-N-E !!
1) Weight - 9.8kg
2) She always wants to eat whenever she sees food. I guess the good thing (for my weight) is that there's no way I can snack on junk food when she's around.
3) No more night or early morning feed! Her last milk bottle is around 10pm and this lasts until 8+am. She still wakes up once in the wee hours of the morning, but I normally do not need to pat her these days. She'll play for a while, babble a little then fall back asleep on her own. Next goal is for her to sleep on her own baby cot. For now she still hogs our bed.
4) Don't be deceived by her innocent dimpled smile! When she's angry.... my, my she's a fierce little girl. A few examples:
i) I was teaching her to stack rings on her little toy car just before her bedtime. She couldn't stack it and what did she do? She took the entire toy car and threw it angrily on the floor! Then she took the rings and also threw them one by one on the floor. Looking back, I guess she was sleepy but no need to be so fierce mah....
ii) My mum was concerned that a motorised car she was playing with was going too fast. So my mum held down the car with her foot. When the car couldn't move, she gave such an angry and loud shout, that really shocked my mum!
And yesterday, while my mum was reading to cousin Justin on her lap, she crawled over, PUSHED him aside then tried to crawl on my mum's lap. Aiyoh.... this little girl is gonna be a handful next time.
5) She's usually happy though. And when she's happy, she really shows it. She can really squeal in excitement and laugh out loud. My colleague used the term "expressive baby" ie she really shows what she feels whether it's angry or happy. I think that's a good description of Elyssa!
6) She likes to "talk" a lot and she expects people to respond to her. But still babbling at this point. Her favourite words are "u WAK", "a BUH" and "Mummm Mummm".
7) She loves to play with my belly button just before bedtime.
8) She can play independently for longer periods now though she still looks up once in a while to see if there's anyone with her.