Erin's Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Elyssa's Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 28, 2019

Japan Holiday - October 2018 (Day 3)

Woke up bright and early for Day 3.
Took a train to the First Destination of the day-

Arashiyama Bamboo Forest 

Selfie stick time! 


My take on the bamboo forest itself?  Ok la.... not that great. The "famous" part was just a pathway with tall bamboos on both sides.

Small Temple near the Bamboo Forest 


Walked around a bit and that was when I started to enjoy the place. Hiked up and up a random path and saw this.....

Just beautiful





Found some park benches to continue eating my takeaway breakfast
I always made sure I had some food and drinks with me at all times, so I could just sit down and relax whenever. 


Wondered around somemore and chanced about these beauties.... super love this place!



  



Next stop....
Sagano Romantic Train 
It was a very scenic train ride indeed 


Took a bus to Kikaku-Ji Temple after that.  
Thankfully the buses had romanised characters for upcoming stops 

Kinkaku-Ji Temple (Gold Temple) 


Grounds of the temple
Pretty packed 



Famous Rock Garden @ Ryoanji Temple 
The rock arrangement is supposed to have some deep meaning. There was a long platform for people to just sit down and look at it. To me.... looks like a pile of rocks.  haha!


I actually walked 20 minutes from Kinkaku-Ji temple to Ryoanji Temple! And got really lost trying to find my way back after that.  Bleah!  Only consolation is the longgggg way back to the hotel somehow involved me buying a lovely pair of shoes.  :-)


Kyoto Tower at night 


Some hits and misses for Day 3, but definitely still a good day!

1 comment:

Ai Sakura said...

Oh yay! Kyoto is my fave Japanese city.. I haven't been back for ages and boy, it's good to see photos of it again :)

Ai @ Sakura Haruka