Erin's Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Elyssa's Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 13, 2019

Goodbye 2018, Hello 2019

Happy New Year 2019 ! 


I know I say this every single year, and here I go again........ I  can't believe another year has flown by! Where did all the time go?

And time for reflections again before I launch into the new year.  2018 - let's see, how did the year go? I must say I am grateful for another good year.  Ups and downs as per the norm, but still a good year. One thing that comes to mind is that it's the year I went for the most holidays ever!  Haha.

1. February 2018 -   Bali CNY holiday with my in-laws



2. March 2018 -  Phuket holiday, just the 4 of us. To utilise our free vacation club stay :-)



3. April 2018 - Seoul, Korea holiday.  Girlie trip with 3 of my ex-uni mates. No kiddos, no hubbies!



4. July 2018 - Bangkok for a work conference. Won an award!  Extended 2 days for holiday.



5. August 2018  - Melbourne holiday with my parents




6. September 2018 - Mulu holiday, just hubs and I.  Our first couple holiday since the kiddos came along!


7. October 2018 - Osaka and Kyoto holiday.  My first ever solo trip!  One of the best trips of my life.




That's like a holiday almost every 1.5 months.  hehe.  So many eh?  But each was with a different group. Some pre-planned and some was actually a very last minute thing (like my Japan holiday)

As I scrolled through the photo album in phone looking for the photos above, I am reminded of all the other lovely memories of 2018.


Elyssa and Erin's first day of school
Std 4 and Std 1 

Completed my second full marathon.
Took me 6 hours, 24 minutes.  Super pleased! 

Elyssa's 10th birthday celebration

Erin's 7th birthday celebration, at Jungle Gym Atria. 


Milo Family Run 

Lanterns for Mid Autumn 

After a hike 


2018 was another milestone year for me as I decided to take a leap of faith yet again - resigned in September 2018 and started new role in December 2018.  It wasn't an easy decision and there were loads of emotions involved. Fingers crossed that it was the right decision!  It has been tough adjusting to the new role and I sense tougher times ahead, but well I do believe in one thing.... we never know how strong we can be!

Thank you 2018 for being a good year. There were things I wished I could have done more of course. But I am indeed grateful for the past year.

And I am ready to embrace the new year.

Bring it on 2019!  

1 comment:

Ai Sakura said...

Happy New Year!! May 2019 bring many opportunities to travel, good fortune to your family and highlights in your career! :)

I always think the year passes by very fast too. Even now, it is already the end of Feb 2019!! Eeks..