Erin's Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Elyssa's Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Bali Holiday - Day 1

We're back from our Bali holiday!!  Our first "real" holiday with the 4 of us - me, hubs and the 2 girls. Yup, Erin didn't get left behind this time. ;-) 

Overall a great holiday but also a tiring one. Travelling with 2 kids is definitely more taxing on us compared to travelling with 1 kid. There were the inevitable "both-kids-crying" , "both-kids-whining" and "both-kids-fighting" moments! Those moments had me thinking I reeeally want a holiday minus the kids. 

But then again, there were the "both-kids-screaming-out-in-delight-moments" too, which made me think..... I love this!!!  

So, definitely both ups and downs but thankfully the ups made up for the downs.  

And here's my usual day-by-day recap:

Day 1
Taxi came to the house at 6.45am.  Yay....our holiday has officially started!  Oops, 5 minutes later, realised we forgot the stroller.  Asked taxi driver to turn back.  Quickly load stroller and and we are off again.  OK....and now holiday has started!

In the plane
 I was pretty well prepared for the 3 hour flight. Colouring pencils, colouring books, story books, snacks, milk for Erin, pre-loaded shows on the Ipad - checked! 


At the Bali airport, we took a taxi to our hotel in Kuta - Grand Megah Hotel.

Note : Always buy a ticket at the taxi counter! While we were queueing up (just 2 couples ahead of us), some taxi drivers approach us. They were wearing the same uniform as the guys at the taxi counter and they asked us "you want taxi? we are same company".  Thankfully, we decided to trust our instincts. Bought at the counter and the price was about half of what those taxi drivers quoted!


Some photos of our hotel
Stayed for only 1 night. Nothing great and we won't bother staying there again. 


Lobby area

 

Pool area

After checking in, we took a cab to our favourite eating place in Kuta- Bubba Gump. The Bubba Gump that we have in Malaysia is definitely no match. 

Porky Ribs!

We had their boiled shrimps too

Just look at this - when I lifted the bone, the meat just fell off!!
So gooooood

 Erin practically slept through the meal
 

And woke up happy  :-) 
 


After lunch, we just strolled around Kuta area.

Watched sunset

At night, both girls spent ages enjoying the bath tub.
My favourite thing about the hotel is the tv screen there!

Then a little bit of Ipad before bedtime

--End of Day 1--

Forgot to add earlier - As this is my 3rd trip to Bali and hubby's 5th, we skipped practically all the touristy stuff. Main objective is to relax and just spend time together :-)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Great getaway Adrine. I like Bali too..

Health Freak Mommy said...

Saw your pix in FB, simply awesome! Really tempted to go there. Is the hotel that you stayed in expensive?

Mommy to Chumsy said...

awesome. can't wait to read more :D

Inspired Momx1 said...

Awesome! Must go check for cheap fares!

ChloeRuoyi said...

I always LOVE reading your holiday posts... When I saw your pics in FB,I was actually looking forward to read your blog :) Great holiday there! I've only been to Bali once and nothing there attracts me to make a repeat visit unlike many who keep going back (you included) for more.

Stacy said...

I like the happy Erin pic! Ohh got PORK there one...

Ai Sakura said...

your hotel looks great! I would spend hours in that tub too haha

Ai @ Sakura Haruka

Small Kucing said...

Great....faster ..I wanna see part two

Adrine said...

Angeline - fantastic place huh?

Shireen - this one not so nice. Check out the following posts..

Barbs - Day 2 and Day 3 (part 1) done already :)

InspiredMom - now Air Asia having promotion!

HweiLi - TQ, TQ, TQ for your comment! Sooooo nice to know my holiday posts are appreciated.

Chi2 - yeah loh, beef ribs at our Bubba Gump sure cannot compete.

Ai - u know, I never got a chance to use that tub. The kids monopolised it!

Kuching - out already :)