Erin's Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Elyssa's Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Sewing Bug

Aiks, I've been neglecting this blog lately. Even my mum said "how come nothing new in your blog?"
 
Reason???  I've been bitten by the sewing bug!!  I find it just soooo addictive. Got myself a new Brothers sewing maching few weeks ago. If you asked me a year ago, I would have just laughed at the idea of me even thinking of using a sewing machine  ;-)
 
And ta daa.....my creations so far -  
 
Fully Lined Zipper Pouch
I went for a class in Fabric Fanatics to learn how to do this. Made this version by myself after the class.
 
Can fit Elyssa's pencils nicely
 
Project # 2 - Little Skirt for Erin
Learned from a tutorial in the web.
  
I get such a thrill to see Erin wearing it!
 
 Project #3  - 2 layered skirt with lace trimmings for Elyssa
Similar concept to Erin's skirt but this took me almost triple the time! Somehow kept doing the wrong thing. Happily attached the second tier then noticed it was upside down. Adoi!!  Had to unpick and redo.  First time attaching lace and that took me quite a while too.
 
 
Project #4 - Another Zippered Pouch
Learned from Youtube this time.
I had my Ipad next to me to "play, pause, play, pause" the tutorial.
Still got pins here as I'm not quite done with the lace. Made the ribbon flower by myself too :)
  
Polka Dot lining
I'm going thru a polka dot phase!
  
I have already lined up a couple of other projects.  Can't wait to start on them.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Wah, you definitely being a great mum at work and at home.

Not only can cook and bake but sewing too. Impressive!

Oliveoylz said...

Very nice sweing skills there! Why don't you sew a matching skirt for yourself too? I love daughter-mother matching outfits but not easy to find from the shops.

Miracles in my life said...

Sai lei!sai lei! I don't know how u find the energy to work, take care of the two girls, bake, sew and for every thing else! *faint* I'm just staying a float with my little man, household, cooking etc! Lol

Small Kucing said...

clap hands clap hands....fuiyo kalah the ones from shop

Ai Sakura said...

wow great job! did you just pick up the sewing machine skills? honestly can't tell as they seem rather pro ;p

Ai @ Sakura Haruka

Unknown said...

WAhhh, bravo bravo! Didn't know you have so many interest... first decorating hampers, then baking, now sewing! Truly gifted!

Adrine said...

Angline - tq, tq but my baking skills not as good as u la..

Oliveoylz - great idea! hopefully next time. For now, I can only handle kids projects. (smaller plus dun have to be so accurate about measurements)

Melissa - I think I will have a lot less energy if I have to stay at home with the kids and without a maid. ke ke.

Small Kuching - wah.... really ah??? make me so happy. :)

Ai - yes, super beginner. In my recent sewing class, it took me one hour to learn how to use the sewing machine!

Irene - never knew I can have so many interests too. Haiyoh...hubby says I'm going tru mid-life crisis!

ChloeRuoyi said...

Wow, you are so multi-talented... Thumbs up! It's good that you can still allocate time for your hobbies despite being a busy FTWM. Salute!

Mummy Moon said...

The dress is nice. I always wanted to sew a dress for my daughter but never happen.