Erin's Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Elyssa's Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Gangnam Style!

I gotta admit that I was never a big fan of the "Gangnam Style" craze.

But I'm now a convert!  The last item on the agenda of the neighbourhood lantern festival event was a "Gangnam Style" dance. My mum was part of the group. (dunno why...but the thought of my mum practising the steps was enough to make me giggle. he he). On that night, the crowd was invited to join in.

I asked Elyssa whether she wanted to join and she said yes. I told her to look for Ah Mah amongst those standing at the centre area. She couldn't find Ah Mah but found herself a spot next to other kids.

Dancing Away!


Once it ended, the dancers were so hyped up that when the MC asked for another round, they happily obliged with a SECOND round. Once that ended, the MC asked for a THIRD round. The adults said Nooooo! but the kids said Yessss!!!!   So, there was Round 3.

Elyssa during Round 3
Can see Ah Mah? (blue shirt next to Elyssa, showing her the steps)

Pity my camera ran out of memory space that time. I wish I could have taken a video to capure the dance moves, the loud music, the cheers and the energy! Photos a bit blur cos they were moving so much.

It was such a thrill to see a big group of people from small kids to senior citizens dancing together like that.  Especially with my mum and my girl in that group.  Way to go Ma Ma, Way to go Elyssa!!!  :-)

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Aiks I had to leave early to make sure Annie got back in time for her day off. :( Imagine having to 'chau' the maid.

Small Kucing said...

no video?

Mommy to Chumsy said...

oh it must be loads of fun! what a lovely celebration it was.

Caterina said...

And i have to go home to babysit the unwell king and anyway i was super exhausted to stay on... it must have been so cute

Ai Sakura said...

Aww what fun! Shame you didn't catch a vid. Oh well, dance at home :)

Ai @ Sakura Haruka