Erin's Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Elyssa's Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Teacher's Day Gift

From blogs and Facebook, I knew that Teacher's Day was coming.
I waited for Elyssa to say something  -  Nothing.
I probed her a bit  - Nothing conclusive. (she kept talking about Mother's Day instead)
I checked and rechecked her kindy message file  -  Nothing.

In the end, I decided to just call up her school.  When I asked when will they be celebrating Teacher's Day, I was told it was over already.  Oops! 
The school administrator said they just did simple activities with the kids. No big event as they don't want the situation whereby kids PESTER their parents to bring presents for their teachers. Hmmm...... good logic also. 

But since I was already prepared to do something, I went ahead with a simple gift for her 2 class teachers.


 Butter Cake
I originally wanted to make decorated cupcakes but it was a busy and tiring weekend so I baked a "simple but oh so buttery" butter cake instead.  Put into a clear box (bought earlier from a baking supplies shop), tie up with pink ribbon and done!


I also wrote out the names of her 2 teachers and asked Elyssa to colour them. She drew some flowers and wrote her name on the inside of the card.
See the letter H?  Elyssa likes to do multi-colours. She happily told me "See, I blend the colours together. Nice or not?"

Elyssa was so excited to bring the cakes to school the next day.  Hope her teachers enjoyed the cake  :)

10 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

aww..what a lovely gesture. nothing beats having homemade cakes as gift eh? bravo mommy :)

Small Kucing said...

ooh the school did not give circular? Good school that they decided to low key about it.

ChloeRuoyi said...

It's made with love.. I'm sure the teachers enjoyed your cake and appreciated your thoughtfulness :) Chloe's kindy is having a small do for Teacher's Day this Friday and I'm still cracking my head on what to get for her teachers!

Ai Sakura said...

Such a sweet gift :) Didn't know Teacher's Day was so early in Msia.. ours is in Sep, I think? heh

Ai @ Sakura Haruka

Caterina said...

wah... u so nice... bravo... since justin started school 3 years back, never once did i gave something for his teacher. so bad of me, teruk lah, and especially i'm a teacher myself...prob should try and change that habit next year onwards... it's a day i should celebrate also.

Family First said...

Very kind of you to still bake for them even though the event is over. Am sure they appreciate your gesture very much.

Health Freak Mommy said...

I'd love to receive this gift!!! Love homemade goodies :)

LittleLamb said...

I feel that today's kindy/teacher...they kinda expect gifts from their sch kids. These teachers..they are all bless to the max.

Alice Law said...

Well, one thing for certain. She enjoyed celebrating mother's day more, lol, so lovely!

Tht's really totful of u, your girl too! Happy belated Mother's day!

printlandokhla said...

such a amazing post please keep posting.

read my post personalized teachers day gifts online