Erin's Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Elyssa's Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, April 12, 2010

2 Years Old Photoshoot

We wanted a photoshoot for Elyssa's second birthday. Just a simple one (had a proper professional shoot for her first birthday) so we ended up at Ikano Power Centre last night.

Original package was RM68 for 4 printed pictures with 2 outfit changes. But we learned halfway during the shoot that it EXCLUDES soft copies. Our mistake for not asking earlier. Additional costs were something like RM8 for each soft copy and RM12 for each additional pose.

After the photoshoot and selection of photos, we ended up with a negotiated fee of RM100 for 7 poses without printed copies but with soft copies. Ok lar.... not too bad. Still much cheaper than the shoot for her first birthday.

So, here are the 7 poses that we selected :

Own Dress
I like the simple n natural effect



Outfit 1 - Korean Dress

When she saw the photos on the computer, she pointed and said "That one Princess" ;)

Innocent Look


Cheeky Look (ha hah.... this is probably closest to her "real" self !!!)


Sweet look (very deceiving indeed !!!)


Choosing the first outfit was an easy choice cos I immediately liked the Korean costume. But for the second outfit.... I searched the racks three times and still couldn't find anything I like. There were elaborate princess dresses, cowgirl dresses, ladybug outfits etc. I've never been a fan of little kids in fancy outfits so I told the photographer I will just not have a second outfit. She convinced me to just pick something since it was already included in the package anyway. So, just for laughs I picked up a Hawaiian costume for her.

I ended up liking it !!! A little corny I know, but I just can't help smiling everytime I see the photos :)


Outfit 2 - Hawaiian Costume





One thing about having a photoshoot in a public area is to be thick-skinned. I was pretty engrossed in getting Elyssa to smile (tickling, making funny noises/faces and bribing her with biscuits is no easy task!) . Halfway through, I heard voices behind me. I turned around and was pretty shocked to see a small crowd looking at us and cheering her on. Errrr?????? Have to be thick skinned and just ignore the crowd!

Overall, I am happy with the photoshoot. Only regret is not taking a family photo cos hubby refused to. Should have tried harder to convince him! Will take a note of that for next year...

13 comments:

2ma said...

wow!! very nice photos!!! i love it all!! now, i am so itchy hand and wanna bring shan rae for a photoshoot too *hehe* btw where did you took it?

Anonymous said...

it`s nice...where`s the place?

Mommy to Chumsy said...

aww...love the photos. Elyssa is so adorable and pretty :D She's such a natural in front of the camera.

Adrine said...

ha hah.... thx!
Jasmine/ Lucy - The photo place is in Ikano Power Centre. Can't remember the name but it's on the top floor. (near the travelator and quite near World of Cartoons & FOS). It's just a small booth and not a proper shop.

Mummy Gwen said...

Wow...very nice photos! Elyssa is so pretty in the outfits. I like the Hawaiian costume..very cute.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Very nice pix and very reasonably priced too. Now I feel like bringing Baby to hv a photo shoot too :D Elyssa looks like one of her cousin sisters in the pic in your earlier post.

Unknown said...

i always love these professional photographys... but unfortunately hubby doesn't share the same tot. afterall, kids are only kids once. that's why u dun see us going for shots, but love elyssa's shots.. very photogenic

Leona said...

When I was looking at those photos, I couldn't help but feeling nostagic. Like as if I know your little girl personally. Have been following your blog from Day 1 when you started and that was when Elyssa was jst a little baby...few months old ... and now she is a cute bubbly little girl with great personality!

the little prince said...

OOwww, I like the Hawaiian outfit!! So cute!

Adrine said...

Shireen/Irene - I fully encourage you'll to go for it! It's quite quick, not too expensive and I think the results are quite priceless. Irene, I had a tough time convincing hubby last year too but now he's glad he agreed.

MummyGwen/Yvonne - ha hah... I like the Hawaiian costume too!

Leona - I was truly touched when I read your comment. thank you :)

cre8tone said...

Sweet smile!

Daddy said...

Nice shots and she is just so cute! We are in the process of investing in a DSLR so that hopefully, we could get better shots of Ryan as compared to using our trust worthy Canon IXUS. And Yes, totally agreed that these moments are precious because you can revisit these moments years later.

Kristie said...

I love all her shots, outcome is fantastic!!! Elyssa is so natural in front of the camera :)